The Presidents’ Suites is the ideal venue for anniversaries, family, friends reunions and gatherings. Depending on the number of people in your group, we will match you with the house that will better meet your needs so that your stay becomes a memorable experience for your entire group.
You are planning for a stay between friends for 6 to 10 people or for an anniversary or family reunion with a group of up to 70 people, we can accommodate you and really provide with a memorable experience. Each of our historical home is of a different size and offers a different experience. They are all in proximity of each other in Haileybury.
Families are often using the Presidents’ Suites for their parents wedding or birthday anniversaries, to commemorate a special event, or simply to reunite the family. Friends also gather at the Presidents’ Suites to celebrate a birthdays, to reunite after a long period of time or to participate as a group in a local event such as the Biker’s Reunion, the Foire Gourmande, the Village Noel or any of the numerous major festivals taking place in the Temiskaming region.
More Information About Anniversaries, Family, Friends Reunions
People often decide to organize a reunion or a gathering at the President’s Suites as we are able to offer them a unique alternative for their event with different potential activities. A stay with us is an experience where each can enjoy luxurious accommodations while participating in activities, appreciating a good meal, relaxing in the exterior spa or simply using any other commodities available such as our kayaks, outdoor games, bicycles and more. Everyone can also find his or her own place for an intimate and quiet moment. Even youths and teenagers will find their own place and enjoy their stay.
Why stop yourselves from meeting just because your house is not big enough to accommodate all the family, or because the hosting responsibility is always given to the same person? By using the Presidents’ Suites, everyone is now on ‘neutral ground’ and can participate in having a memorable gathering. The complete kitchens are great for meal preparation. Dishes and all necessary accessories are available for cooking and serving your meals. Barbecues are available and access to the gardens and the picnic tables are great for eating outside. We have tents that can be set up on the large properties.
Proximity to the waterfront, golf courses, jogging trails and several other cultural, historical and touristic attractions make it easy to plan activities during your stay. An historical treasure hunt is also an activity that we offer for your group. A visit to our private Farr Island is always a special treat for the groups. The island is often used as a day destination for the Presidents’ Guests for anniversaries, family, friends reunions.
Nicole will help you plan your event. Find out how the President’s Suites can be an ideal venue for your group and how to find activities that will spice up your gathering.
Other Reasons Why You Might Be Interested In Staying With Us
Visiting Elderly Parents
The decision to put our family in an elderly home is never an easy one, especially when the parent is the last family member in the community. Visits can then become long days sitting around a bed in a discouraging environment.
The Presidents’ Suites gives you the opportunity to experience something new with your family members: a family-friendly environment which is easily accessible and which allows you to cook and have quality time in one of our historical homes.
The Ferland Suite, which is located on the first floor of the Villa, makes it easy to access the house as it is wheelchair accessible. The large rooms of this Suite, and its hardwood and ceramic floors facilitate the moving around with wheelchairs or walkers. The solarium and the grand balcony that face the lake allows you to watch the activities going on Lake Temiskaming . If your parent is a little more mobile, he or she might enjoy a walk in the gardens around the house, or sit on the property’s dock. The large kitchen in the Ferland Suite allows you to prepare the family’s favorite dishes. The spacious suite allows you to invite the entire family or friends for dinner.
The Lumber Baron’s House is another home which could easily be used as everything is on the main floor and the house is really designed for receptions. You could have the entire family over for a brunch on the front patio or a full dinner. The large dining and living rooms are perfect for larger groups.
A toilet raiser is available for any needs during your stay. We also have a plastic shower bench to facilitate showering.
A Funeral Stay
Facing the lost of a loved one is never easy. The main objective of the funeral or life commemorating of a close relative is to help the grieving process. The support from family and friends is vital to help us get through the pain of losing a family member.
The Presidents’ Suites is the perfect place to reunite the family and friends in a spacious and welcoming environment, especially if there are no family members living in the area, or when nobody has a house large enough to host a large group of guests. The neutral environment of the house encourages all to get their hands dirty instead of giving the responsibility to someone in particular.
Our historical homes are ideal for funeral stays and gatherings. The large living rooms, kitchen and dining areas can accommodate families and friends in a friendly environment. For guests from out of town, spacious rooms are available. The various rooms and areas of the house encourage exchange among members who need to mourn or need to have serious discussions in a more personal and private setting. The large gardens, the various balconies and the waterfront create a more relaxed atmosphere and make the process more positive.
Over the years, we have received very positive feedback from families or groups that have stayed at the Presidents’ Suites. They never expected that the houses and the atmosphere it helped create would help them so much in their mourning process.
Funeral Home Links:
Buffam Leveillé Funeral Home
483 Broadway Street
Funeral Home located at a 5-minute walk from the house. Bilingual services available.
Perrin Funeral Chapel Ltd
128 Whitewood Avenue
New Liskeard, Ontario
A Snowmobile Holiday Ideal For Couples
Come discover the wonderful World of snowmobiling in the beautiful Ontario North! The President’s Suites has something different to offer for snowmobilers. It is an ideal solution for couples that want to enjoy both the ride and an exceptional place to stay. We are very pleased that the President’s Suites is part of the Top 10 Ontario Snowmobile Destination for 2014-15
Our historical homes have so much to offer from the beautiful sunrise on lake Temiskaming and a luxurious Suite when you come back later in the day where you can prepare your own meal with a bottle of wine and then relax in the exterior spa.
You do not have to pack up everyday; enjoy a loop during the day and then come back to your home.You can decide on the numerous loops that are available in the region. We are centrally located between several available trails and you can either go south, north, west or east to the Quebec side. The loops could range anywhere between 150km to 300km and would all have something really different to offer. We can help you by proposing key stops along your loops on where to eat and what to see.
Temagami White Pine Snowmobile Tour
- Go south towards Temagami with the White Pine tour which is approximately 180km in length. Why not have a lunch in Temagami and stop for a coffee in Latchford.
The Quebec Side Snowmobile Tour
- Spend a day visiting on the Quebec side. This 250km loop will take you around a portion of lake Temiskaming. You will discover communities, great people and a different culture. You will so around the top of the lake via New Liskeard. This will take you to Notre-Dame-du-Nord. Then you will head south though Saint-Bruno-de-Guigues to enjoy a great lunch in Ville-Marie. Several great options are available to you for lunch: Elle et Louis, Broue Pub, Chez Eugène, la Bannik or the Coucoushee. On the way back you would cross on lake Temiskaming to come back to destination.
The Elk Lake/Earlton Discovery Snowmobile Tour
- The Tour will bring you very different sceneries. Farming land, forests, rivers but most important you will so by several communities: Elk Lake, Charlton, Englehart, Earlton, Thornloe.This tour would be approximately 180km in length.
The Kirkland Lake Gold Rush Snowmobile Tour
- You could spend a day heading towards Kirkland Lake and enjoy the Gold Ruch Tour which would be approximately 230km in length. Once around Kirkland Lake, several different loops are available to better discover this region.
A Motorcycle Holiday
The President’s Suites has something different to offer for motorcyclists. It is an ideal solution for couples that want to enjoy both the ride and a great place to stay.
One main destination for lodging, a high end historic home where you can enjoy the beautiful sunrise on lake Temiskaming in the morning and when you come back later in the day, you can prepare your own meal with a bottle of wine and then relax on the dock or in the exterior spa. You do not have to pack up everyday; enjoy a nice loop during the day and come back to your Suite.
During the day, you can decide on the numerous loops that are possible in the region. They can range between 145km to 400km and all have something really different to offer. We can help you by proposing key stops along your loops on where to eat and what to see. A few loops are detailed below.
The Lake Temiskaming Loop Tour
- The 400km Lake Temiskaming Loop Tour was voted in the top 10 motorcycles routes in Ontario. Imagine, diving into the heart of Northeastern Ontario, and returning through Quebec to experience one lake, two provinces and three cultures. Here’s a great article from Mike Jacobs – The Lake Temiskaming Loop Tour
The Silver Rush And The Country Motorcycle Tours
- Just open up the TIC interactive tour app on your smartphone and you will be guided through a more local 145km loop which will take you to Cobalt, New Liskeard, Earlton and Belle Vallée. We can provide you with the details of the TIC app which can be downloaded free from the Apple apps store.
The Gold Rush Motorcycle Tour
- The Gold Rush Tour, 285 km long, will take you to Elk Lake, Matachewan and Kirkland Lake.
The Quebec Side Temiskaming Motorcycle Tour
- Discover the Quebec side with a great meal at one og the great restaurants such as Elle et Louis, Broue Pub, Chez eugène, la Bannik or Temikami’s Coucoushee restaurant. This loop, 195km long, is very scenic with its rolling roads.
The Quebec Rouyn-Noranda Region Motorcycle Tour
Why not discover Rouyn-Noranda, the largest city of the Abitibi-Temicamingue region on the Quebec side and come back by Larder Lake on the Ontario side. This loop is 275km long.
A Few More Details That Might Interest You
Amenities include a lot of items which would really help during your anniversaries, family, friends reunions event and really all you need to bring are your clothes, personal toiletries and any food that would be required outside of what we have included in our continental breakfast and other condiments.
You will be able to cook all your meals for yourself or your group in the fully equipped kitchen. The kitchen is equipped with full size fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave. You will find dishes, utensils, pots & pans and other kitchen accessories.
- high speed internet, tv, cd/ipod player, dvd player, telephone
- laundry room, iron & board
- board games, variety of books, working desk
- balconies and patios y with patio sets, BBQs and great views of lake Temiskaming
- air conditioning in most houses
- exterior spas at 4 locations
- private parking with electrical outlets for winter
- private dock on lake Temiskaming, kayaks, canoes, bicycles at the Villa a few minutes walking distance from the house
- exterior games, fire pit
- and more…
Continental Breakfast & Condiments
Included in the cost of the room is a continental breakfast with some other condiments. Everything is available in your Suite. Also, every morning around 7am, we will deliver to your door the fresh pastry of the day.
What you will find in your suite:
In the counter baskets
- Coffee (regular and decaf)
- Sugar, brown sugar, sweetener
- Assorted teas: David’s Tea and other
- Hot Chocolate (envelopes)
- Apple Cider (envelopes)
- Honey Cheerios and granola cereals
- Oatmeal (envelopes)
- Peanut butter and assorted local jams from la Fraisonnée
- Popcorn (for microwave)
- A few spices (salt, pepper, Montreal steak, garlic, Italian, Cajun, Tabasco sauce)
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise (envelopes)
- Aluminum foil and plastic wrap, resealable bags
In the fridge
- 1% milk and 10% coffee cream
- Orange, apple and vegetables juices
- Organic buckwheat pancake milk from The Flour Mill
- (gluten free) with maple syrup
- 12 grain bread & bagels
- Assorted yogurts
- Fresh fruit basket: oranges, apples, lemon or lime.
- Fruit cocktail (small cans)
- Fresh eggs
The rates are set up depending on the length of your stay and the # of bedrooms you are using. You and your party (if applicable) will be the only guest(s) in the one home or suite and you will have the full use of the one home or suite.
|Rates per room per night (hst extra)||1 night||2 nights||3 nights||4 nights|
|1 room||$ 175||$ 160||$ 155||$ 150|
|2 or more rooms||$ 145||$ 130||$ 125||$ 120|
|Adult extra bed|
(pull down or sofa)
|$ 75||$ 65||$ 65||$ 60|
|Child extra bed|
(pull down or sofa)
|$ 25||$ 20||$ 20||$ 20|
|Additional cost per pet|
(only allowed in Guest House, Little Crooked House - please contact us)
|$ 25||$ 25||$ 25||$ 25|
For special events or large groups, please contact Nicole directly so that she can provide you with a quote. This would apply for your anniversaries, family, friends reunions events.
Please also note that we accept pets in a few of our houses only. Please contact Nicole to discuss your situation and agree on the applicable additional cost. Cost may vary depending on the type of your pet.
Vacation Home Rental & Apartment Hotel Concept
The President’s Suites offers you high-end accommodation in historical homes based more on the concept of vacation home rental and apartment style living rather than that of a hotel. Our suites and houses offer you hotel services in the cosiness of an apartment or a house.
The innovative concept makes it the perfect venue for your business travels, meetings, family, friend & group reunions, weddings or weekend holidays, or simply for a place to stay during a working period in the area. Each home and suite offers distinctly unique features. Depending on what you are looking for, tranquillity, atmosphere, or convenience, we will tailor your stay to suit your needs. It is similar to renting an all-furnished home and apartment and occupants can “check-out” whenever they wish either after a one-day, a few days or a one-week stay. The concept allows our clients to do everything they would at home, such as cooking, washing, relaxing and entertaining. We offer a free continental breakfast. We now have meeting rooms to meet your business needs.
Our homes and suites include the site of a century-old inn located on the historical Millionaire’s row in Haileybury (Temiskaming Shores), situated on the shores of Lake Temiskaming. Other historical housing accommodations are also located close by and with great views of the lake. Haileybury is a picturesque community located in Ontario and on the border of the province of Quebec. We are only a few minutes from New Liskeard and Cobalt.
The ideal venue for your anniversaries, family, friends reunions.
A Few Photos